Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time to catch you up on the experience here so far...

So it's been almost two weeks now since I came too New Vrindaban last tuesday.
About time to update haha....oh boy. So tired....hasn't even been two weeks yet and I'm wiped out.
But that blog (about today etc ) will come after I post these two blogs that I wrote on my lap top to post later (no internet in the Prahbus or women's rooms, maybe their afraid we'll look at smutt or something)
and I agree with Malati Majtagee is annoying if called all the time...I don't remember hearing Prabhupada calling women by that address either....

Anyways here is what I wrote on my first day arriving in New Vrindaban...

    I'm typing outside the temple room, you can hear the peacocks in the background calling out in the night and the faint drone humming from someone chanting outside. Many people have already gone to bed getting ready for Mongalarti in the morning, some have stayed up in the dining hall eating late prashadum, you can hear cheering and laughing from inside. Nearby in the temple room next door a  gentleman chants in the temple room, while a older mataji reads in front of Prabhupada. There's a cool breeze, maybe even a bit chilly atmosphere outside as I sit here typing. It's a beautiful night, me and the other girls were going to go sleep outside tonight under the stars but since there was a chance for rain we decided to opt out for tomorrow instead and sleep in our rooms tonight. Oh  yea, there is enough rooms to where each of us can have our own to sleep in. I moved a desk in there and chair , it's simple but I like it like that.

All right so, if you haven't gotten the hint already New Vrindaban is beautiful, even at night. You can hear the crickets out here and see the stars in the sky and hear the peacocks crying making a lovely song for the night.  So where is New Vrindaban and what else makes it so beautiful you may wonder? 
New Vrindaban is located in West Virginia nestled deep in the woods, away from bustling cities and Smokey streets, NV (New Vrindaban) is definitely a unique place in and of its own. 
Driving through even the roads through Pennsylvania to cross over to West Virginia was beautiful too, green everywhere, hills behind every corner. Passing by old gravesites, churches and some victorian aged homes. I was picked up at the airport today by a nice devotee by the name off ------(I'll get that name in a second) and had a plate of prashadum waiting for me in the car when I got in. As we drove it's when I first saw Prabhupadas memorial as we made our way through New Vrindabans borders that I was astounded. So beautiful! I look forward to when I get to get closer and get a better look and experience in it. 

As we got closer you could see houses everywhere on the property scattered around as we drove, devotee houses who live on this huge piece of land called NV.  We passed by a herd of cows laying about lazily enjoying the sun and grass. Did I mention the color Green, Green GREEN is everywhere.
Haven't seen so much green since...well since Portland, Oregon and even than this somehow seems greener to me,haha. As we drove towards the main temple , pointed out the old remains of the first temple and a few more other devotee houses. Once we drove up to the temple I stepped out to hear birds chirping everywhere around the temple I walked. Flowers surround the temple as you could see in a few of the pics i posted. 

(will post those later)

Just got done talking to Lolita Gopi, a devotee mother who lives here In Nv. She popped in and saw me here typing and looked like she was going to pass by but decided to come and approach me. She asked me where I was from, if this was my first time at a temple etc. Lalita said she milks the cows in the evening and that I can come milk cows with her whenever she milks and she'll show me how. Sweetness...I mentioned to her too asking if they ever made ice cream. She said she wanted too and that maybe she could bring her ice cream machine here so we can make some! yumm....
Very sweet Devotee

<<>>>>>
Anyways, after I got in I greeted Malati who gave me a warm smile and nice hug welcoming me to NV. I was showed to my room and where I'll be staying the next couple of months when were not on the road traveling.
The temple houses both Bhaktas and Bhaktins (male and female) in the temple. The men get the top floor and the women right below
There is no air conditioner, but theres a fan and a window so it's fine lol.
We all share a community bathroom (3 bathroom stalls and 3 showers) and that's about it. I met some really nice girls here who just came to Krishna consciousness,  searching souls that deserve as many answers as they have questions. Were planning on swimming sometime this week in the lake nearby the temple and sleeping under the stars tomorrow hopefully.
So yea, NV k Jai!

2 comments: